Monday, June 4, 2012

What a Life

There ended up being a break this week from WOW, so I came back home. I figured that while I am home, I should do something productive, so I told the youth director at church that I would love to help with Vacation Bible School. In the past I have led the opening and closing...the songs, message, crazy games etc., so naturally I volunteered to help with this again.  I got a response of "wonderful, I think I have the perfect job for you!" I got excited, but since I knew I had a job, I didn't ask about it again until a few days later. This time when I asked, I got the message "Our person who was going to be our puppeteer of Ocho the Octopus had to go on a business trip, so that will be your position!"

You have GOT to be kidding me...I signed myself up to be an octopus puppeteer...

So, yes, that is what I am doing this week. I am Ocho the Octopus Puppeteer. I lead a thrilling life.

It isn't that bad, but it is slightly embarrassing when I have to tell people I am a puppeteer for an octopus. Last night at VBS, there was a line where the octopus says "I can speak 5 languages." One of those languages was 'seal,' so I got to/had to make some seal noises. Also, when the video for part of the skit didn't work, I got to tell some jokes...that I came up with off the top of my head. I whipped out this one:

Knock Knock
Who's There?
Banana
Knock Knock
Who's There?
Banana
Knock Knock
Who's There? (please note that I continued this joke until the video began working...)
Orange
Orange Who?
Orange you glad I didn't say banana again?
HAHAHA (it was a crowd pleaser)

No comments:

Post a Comment